I've been poking web stuff since 7:30 this morning. Not much to show for it. Made some changes to the first two splash pages on the Wareham Forge site. Mainly to keep it vaguely up to date and to clean it up a bit. Added a link over to this stuff, so we shall see.
One major addition on the Iron Smelting front. I got a return comment from Lee Sauder, pointing up a major error in use of terms on the posted Adventures in Iron Smelting paper:
I'm copying over Lee's clear discription of the chemistry here mainly for completeness. I have just gone in and changed the use of terms and a bit of the surrounding text on the posted paper.
I've also found out that the paper is in fact to be published! Mind you, the text has to be drasticly shortened - down to 15 pages total. I will be cutting out most of the 'towards a sucessful smelt' section. Reduce the 'experimental overview' to a simple table with the main measurements. Likely reducing the descriptions of the various raw materials to simplify. I DO want to leave the section on air systems and most of 'implications for the Viking Age'.
its getting close to lunch and I should get outside...