Thursday, June 11, 2009

Forging Elements - 'Rush Tip'



Another 'work in progress' video from the current Reade / Maxwell project.

Here is the method I use to forge out a long tapering rush tip, using schedule 40 mild steel pipe. I like the look of this element much more than the 'hot dog on a stick' style bull rush most other blacksmith's use. This method takes considerably longer to forge to shape, but I think the results speak for themselves...


This design, proposed for this project, also uses my 'Rush' element. Although both the customers and myself much preferred this layout, it could not be used due to Ontario Building Code restrictions.

No comments:

 

February 15 - May 15, 2012 : Supported by a Crafts Projects - Creation and Development Grant

COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All posted text and images @ Darrell Markewitz.
No duplication, in whole or in part, is permitted without the author's expressed written permission.
For a detailed copyright statement : go HERE