Wednesday, August 15, 2018

WARNING - Blog being spammed

Readers here may be diverted to a spam advertising site.

I have messages out to both my ISP/ Support Guru and Blogger itself in the hopes of fixing this. (Both front and back door to Google, but given the mass?)

Curiously (?) this does NOT seem to be happening to me using Firefox as the browser access. My own tests using Safari or SeaMonkey also divert. I have had reports of Chrome also diverting (I work off Mac). This does not seem consistent however, some people report no problems.

A paid advertising site : Widget Server (dot) com is somehow grabbing visitors from Hammered Out Bits and shoving them over to some spam styled advertising site. Widget Server obviously 'sells' different spam pages (if you examine the actual URL used, you will see a randomly applied number to different advertising).

I am attempting to fix this - but please bear with me for just now.
I believe the problem lies inside Google Blogger itself.

No comments:

 

February 15 - May 15, 2012 : Supported by a Crafts Projects - Creation and Development Grant

COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All posted text and images @ Darrell Markewitz.
No duplication, in whole or in part, is permitted without the author's expressed written permission.
For a detailed copyright statement : go HERE