Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Early Iron from A. Espelund

Arne Espelund can bear a certain 'responsibility' for getting me interested in the problem of researching working systems for Viking Age bloomery iron furnaces. I first met Arne at a Parks Canada workshop / research session in 2001. He has been a big help to me, and I have worked on a couple of experimental projects with him over the years since.

 Arne was kind enough to send me an early copy of his latest book 'Evidence & Secrets'. I got about a third of the way into it, then got side tracked by other work (life...). My intent was to provide a personal review, then promote the volume as I could.


No comments:

 

February 15 - May 15, 2012 : Supported by a Crafts Projects - Creation and Development Grant

COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All posted text and images @ Darrell Markewitz.
No duplication, in whole or in part, is permitted without the author's expressed written permission.
For a detailed copyright statement : go HERE