Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Spread of Covid (10 lines ? F)

(with apologies to Simon and Garfunkel)

Hello virus, not my friend
You’ve come to infect me yet again
Because a version newly creeping
Through all the friends that I am keeping
And the variant that is worrying my brain
Still remains
Within the spread of COVID

Through empty malls I walk alone
Without a mask I still will roam
‘Cause of course it remains my Right
Against a shot I intend to fight
When it’s clear the vax still ain’t tested and it’s all just
A Liberal plot
I’m not gonna die of COVID

And on Fox News I’m sure I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without knowing
Repeating Facebook without fact checking
People thinking that the starlet is smarter
Than any PHD
And they will not catch COVID

“Fools” said I, “You surely know
Compliance is how that COVID grows.
Forget what Science could teach you
Your bible tells you all you need to
Stay pure, while those unfaithful fall!
Only seniors are getting COVID “

And the people bowed that prayed
To the orange haired god they made
And twitter flashed out his warning
In the text that he was forming

And Facebook said, “The cure for COVID
Is found in horse diet pills
Or by drinking Draino, still
Maybe we all, will still get COVID

Photo by Sergio Flores/Getty Images 

Not sure if this strictly counts as part of the '10 lines' exercise?

Spawned by the second to last verse...

Image stolen after a general internet search :

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4agz9n/my-body-my-choice-doesnt-apply-to-coronavirus-covid19

No comments:

 

February 15 - May 15, 2012 : Supported by a Crafts Projects - Creation and Development Grant

COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All posted text and images @ Darrell Markewitz.
No duplication, in whole or in part, is permitted without the author's expressed written permission.
For a detailed copyright statement : go HERE